See below from Tammy Murray and Leo Gil at Our West End Neighbourhood Renewal.
Hello Our West End residents, organizations and community stakeholders,
Please feel free to circulate with your contacts!
The City of Windsor has asked Our West End to help circulate their community feedback surveys about 2 upcoming installation projects:
1) The Sandwich Towne Gateway Arch
Please click through to provide your feedback about your Sandwich Towne History priorities for the plaques that will be part of the entryway arch and historical branding to be installed on Sandwich St West.
2) Streetcar #351 Restoration Project
Please click through to help prioritize how the donated Street Car 351 should be used and comment on possible locations:
3) Community Volunteer Income Tax Clinic:
Our West End Neighoburhood Renewal has been pleased to help coordinate the Community Volunteer Income Tax Clinic through the Canada Revenue Agency’s Volunteer Tax preparation program. It will be located at St. John’s Hall in Sandwich Towne.
Please find attached a poster for the Tax Clinic.
Please feel free to print and post if you can, in your organization. If you need printed copies of the poster, please reply to this email for assistance.
The Tax Clinic will be held on:
Monday, March 26, 2018
4:30 - 7:30 pm
St John Parish Hall
3294 Sandwich St
(at Brock Street next to The Westgate apartment building, across from MacKenzie Hall)
Please note the tax clinic is intended for persons with modest income levels and simple tax situations.
From the Canada Revue Agency website:
Are you eligible for help?
You may be eligible if you have a modest income and a simple tax situation.
Based on the number of persons in your family, your total family income should be less than the amount shown in the chart. Also, check with your local community organization to see if you meet their requirements.
Chart: suggested income level
Total family income
more than 5 persons
$47,500 plus $2,500 for each additional person
Simple tax situation
In general, your tax situation is simple if you have no income or if your income comes from these sources:
- benefits such as Canada Pension Plan, disability, employment insurance, social assistance
- registered retirement savings plans (RRSP's)
- support payments
- scholarships, fellowships, bursaries or grants
- interest (under $1,000)
Your tax situation is not simple if you:
- are self-employed or have employment expenses
- have business or rental income and expenses
- have capital gains or losses
- filed for bankruptcy
- are completing a tax return for a deceased person
Find a tax preparation clinic
4) A Sandwich Teen Action Group (STAG) Dinner Fundraiser is planned for April 19th benefiting both STAG and the Brain Injury Association, featuring Sports celebrities!
5) If you haven’t already checked out the
Our West End Community Newsletter, please click through this link:
To add a contribution, West community information or advertise your business, please email: email@example.com