The Greater Essex County District School Board wants the following schools removed from Windsor’s heritage register:
• W.D. Lowe (built 1923) and J.L. Forster high (1922) schools
• Hugh Beaton (1929), J.E. Benson (1915-1922)/, William G. Davis (1966), Prince Edward (1921), Marlborough (1929), David Maxwell (1927), Gordon McGregor (1924) and Queen Victoria (1922) public schools.
J.L. Forster, J.E. Benson and Marlborough are all located in the west-end. In addition, St. Francis--located in Sandwich Towne--is closing this year. This is not good news for our grade school and high school students, and for the west-end community.