Please see an email from United Way looking for volunteers. Please spread the word as this is a great cause for our community.
If you can volunteer or know of someone who can, please email Tammy Murray at TMurray@lifeafterfifty.ca
This initiative will provide an excellent opportunity for our wonderful workplaces to participate in volunteering and engage with some wonderful children. This Summer Lunch Program will ensure children receive a healthy meal during the summer. It will be offered through starting July 6th until August 28th (excluding the Civic Holiday on Monday, August 3rd).
There are two opportunities available:
1) Meal Serve:
· As a valuable volunteer, you will set-up the serving station, serve a cold lunch to the children and youth and clean the lunch area. Lunch serving team members, who are interested, may have the opportunity to sign up to lead the Reading Time Circle and other literacy activities available to the lunch program participants.
· Volunteers will be asked to commit to a minimum of 2 hours per day between for this program – depending upon location.
There are THREE locations in West Windsor that we will be utilizing to serve these lunches:
1) General Brock Public School, 3312 Sandwich St. (at Brock St.)
2) Society of St. Vincent de Paul, 3707 Queen St. (at Prince Rd.)
3) Hotel-Dieu Grace Health Care - Emara Building in the Chrysler Room
2) Meal Preparation:
· As a valuable volunteer, you will assist in the preparation and packaging of meals for the Summer Lunch Program. These meals will be prepared at The Unemployed Help Centre (3955 Cantelon Drive, Windsor).
· Volunteers will be asked to commit to a minimum of 3 hours per day between for this program. Meals will be prepared and packed three days per week.
· All volunteers must participate in a one-day safe-food handling and kitchen safety training session – provided.
Volunteers must provide their own transportation to/from these sites.
NOTE: All meal service volunteers must provide a police clearance as students are considered a 'vulnerable population’.