Positive Stories

Hello everyone:


I am deciding to incorporate more positive stories about the west-end routinely and continuously.  After chatting with several subscribers and asking them for their honest input, the biggest trend I found was that people wanted to hear more positive, good stories about the west-end.  I agree!!  We have so much to be proud about and we should tell our story to the rest of the city and region.  However, I can't do it alone and will ask that if anyone would like to write me a positive story about the west-end, I would be more than happy to post that story and share it with our many subscribers.

The original intent of Our West End was to discuss issues and opportunities related to our neighbourhoods, particularly to do with crime.  I have always been and will always be adaptable to changes but I still believe our core purpose is to make the west-end the best place to live, work and play and in doing so, we should be up front and honest about our challenges, but also celebrate our strengths.

Touching upon the latter, and consistent with the them of being positive, I will get the ball rolling on two positive stories regarding our west-end and both have to do with our greatest asset:  our people.

Yesterday I attended the Ward 2 debate which was extremely well attended.  It was wonderful to see so many people engaged in the political process.  It was a clear demonstration that west-ender's care about their neighbourhoods and love the area in which they live.  I can say unequivocally -- and I know this because I've knocked on thousands of doors -- that people who reside in the west-end are resilient, good hard working people who care not only for themselves and their families, but also their neighbours and their respective community.  I am fortunate to be a resident in the area and privileged to know so many great people.

This morning I presented to students at Forster high school.  To many in this region, Forster is seen as a tough school where students have bleak futures.  But today I saw something fundamentally different.  I saw bright minds and energetic personalities with immense potential.  All that these students need is a bit of hope and I am convinced that their future will be prosperous.

Like I mentioned earlier, it would be wonderful to have guest writers send me some positive stories every once in a while and I will post them to the blog.  In addition, I will try to post one positive story per week if possible. 

Thanks everyone for helping make Our West End the best place to live, work and play.

Fabio Costante

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Re-Election Campaign for City Council!

Huron Church Road Closure