Positive Stories - Assumption Students and Small Business Re-Opening

In keeping with our new promise of delivering positive stories of our west-end, I will share two:  one from my experience at Assumption high school and the other from a resident in the west-end.

I was recently a guest speaker at Assumption high school where I presented to gr. 10 and gr. 12 students.  I challenged the students to get involved in their local community, particularly in the west-end where they live and where they have an intimate connection.  Several students brainstormed different community organizations and initiatives to get involved in and they discussed utilizing their required 40 hours of community service towards an initiative or project that will help the west-end. 

Second positive story from west-end resident:
"I noticed the other day that the once closed variety store, Campbell at Grove - just north of Bridgeview Library, I think it is Grove, has re-opened...good news the store is back up and running and has a big sign offering deals."

All for now,
Fabio Costante

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Re-Election Campaign for City Council!

Huron Church Road Closure