Olde Sandwich Post Office to Close April 26

Friends,

Some sad news.  In case you didn't already hear, the Sandwich Town post office is officially scheduled to close on April 26th.  To learn more, check out the Windsor Star story here:

Olde Sandwich Post Office

Generations of seniors, new Canadians, students and residents in Sandwich Town have depended on this post office. Since 2011 there have been many offers from the community to work with Canada Post in finding ways to repurpose the space and bring in additional revenues. We'll just have to keep plugging away and find alternative uses for this historic building.


Regards, 

Fabio 

Comments

  1. As a fellow Canadian an life time west ender I have a love for my town and the older duildings thats a look into our past.Already we lost some older buildings an the ones that come to mind is our old bank at downtown riverside west side just cross street from the CIBC.I understand it was taken down stone by stone an stored away but it should had been left up an made use of because of its retro look.I was really sad to find out from bad old wireing we lost the old ticket house on the top of the hill by the USA bound tracks just before the old black bridge.My point is that as soon as our older buildings are gone then thats it.I think I made my point.An I hope I was a help.TYVM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fellow Canadian an life time west ender I have a love for my town and the older buildings thats a look into our past.Already we lost some older buildings an the ones that come to mind is our old bank at downtown riverside west side just cross street from the CIBC.I understand it was taken down stone by stone an stored away but it should had been left up an made use of because of its retro look.I was really sad to find out from bad old wireing we lost the old ticket house on the top of the hill by the USA bound tracks just before the old black bridge.My point is that as soon as our older buildings are gone then thats it.I think I made my point.An I hope I was a help.TYVM.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Re-Election Campaign for City Council!

Huron Church Road Closure