News Updates

Friends,

I have a few news updates to share.

Parks and Pools

As you may know, Atkinson Pool will no longer be an item for discussion at City Council.  This is great news.

Several residents have contacted me regarding South Tilston Park.  It has been decided by many that a public meeting at this time will not be beneficial.  I have been working diligently on this issue and have had several discussions with our Councillor and others about this as well.  Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you have any questions or concerns.  It is our hope that South Tilston receives the same good news as Atkinson Pool did recently.

Positive News

I have just found out some very positive news today regarding an initiative that I have been working on for several years in the west-end.  There will be a public press conference regarding this great news in the near future.  Until then, I cannot say much, other then the fact that this positive development will play a leading role in making the west-end a better place to live, work and play.

Small Business in the West-End 

Over the past few weeks I have met with several small business owners in the west-end.  We discussed challenges and opportunities in the area and I have listened carefully to their thoughts and ideas.  Pictured below is me with Jameel Asghar from a Copy/Print place on Partington right off of Wyandotte St. W. and below that picture is me with Mohamed El-Mosri, Owner of Pizza Plus on Felix Ave.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Re-Election Campaign for City Council!

Huron Church Road Closure